Sunday, August 8, 2010

Making major progress on the Quilt!

I finished the front of the quilt!!! Hooray!  Spent most of the day today staring at it...trying to figure out how I'm going to attach the trim...didn't make much progress in that department.

But I think I've made some final decisions about how I'm going to do it.  I keep having to change my measurements because I'm trying to just work with what fabric I have on hand.  I think it will work out nicely.

Instead of a traditional binding...I'm incorporating a thick border that will be self-binding.  Hmmm...I think that's all the correct verbage.  :)

I'm just figuring it all out as I go....but that's okay.  I've got to start somewhere.

Here's a picture of the quilt front....the border is going to be 6" thick and a light pink...(she's just a 'pink' kind of girl.)  :)

Oh!  And I think I'm going to leave the top 10" and try to applique her name at the top....and maybe add a couple of applique flowers at the bottom.  Not sure yet, I don't want it to be too busy...or have too much stuff going on.  We'll see...


On another note....I was SO excited!  I bought my very first jelly roll!!! YAY!  I don't know why, but I was really excited.  But now I've got so many projects going on, I don't know when I'll get to using it.  Can't wait though....I'm just going to put it somewhere where I can just keep looking at it.

I know....DORK!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment