Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a happy New Year.  We had some family over last night and just talked and played (mostly kids) games.  It was pretty funny, my brother kept saying that who would have thought on New Years Eve we would all be sitting around talking kids, poopy diapers, and princess movies.  :)

It was awesome, and the kids SOMEHOW made it until midnight!  I couldn't believe it, I was practically falling asleep on my feet...but they made it, and at midnight we took them out wrapped in blankets and banged on our pots and pans.  The kids thought it was hilarious, if not short-lived, because of the temperature.  :)

And today, although still cold, was a beautiful day.  It was deceptively sunny out, so while my husband took out his motorcycle for a ride, the kids and I bundled up and headed out to our frosty backyard. 



The kids had a lot of fun.  


When it get's cold we just don't get out enough.  (Probably me being lazy and not wanting to have to do the extra laundry and wash them up after they get dirty).  But I'm going to try to make a point of getting outside more, it was so much fun watching them play with the frozen toys and make faces about the dirty leaves on the slide.  :)

And then I made these curtains for the kitchen (don't mind the dirty dishes...I tried to get the picture without them as best I could.)  :)

I don't know if I really like them.  I like the print...but they're just kind of boring.  I don't know what I was expecting, but there's just something that I don't really care for about them.  Once I started making them I realized that I think I had the wrong kind of fabric....it's home decor fabric.  It just felt too stiff for a breezy-like cafe curtain.  I don't know.  But I may end up taking them down and putting something else up...(eventually) :)  Here's another pic with the blinds down, I'd like to remove the blinds all together...but not if I'm not sure these curtains are going to be up for long.  :)


I'm going to try and get some more sewing in tonight, since it's just me and the kiddos.  Tonight's a UFC fight, so the hubby is off to watch it with friends.  I'm not sure what to work on next, I've got a ton of unfinished (hmmm...side note-I thought to use the abbreviation UFO's because I've read it so much on other blogs, but I'm not 100% sure what the O is for...so I don't want to mislabel my unfinished Projects.  Any help out there?)....okay, back to my thought...finish other stuff or start one of the million projects on my to-do list?  Hmmm...we'll have to see.  I'm half tempted to dig out my decorating books (I have a couple specific ones for window coverings) and take down these, and try something else.  Hmmm...decisions, decisions.

Hope you all had a wonderful New Year!!!  I think 2011 is going to be a FABULOUS year!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment