Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Eve.  Poor Lillian...she was so confused this morning, she woke up and the first words out of her mouth were "Is it Christmas?"  I guess telling her today was 'Christmas' EVE was just a bit too confusing, she thought today was thee day for opening presents.  She had little tears and everything.  Poor little thing.  But we've got a fun day of last minute Christmas crafts, gingerbread cookies and taking a car ride to check out Christmas lights to look forward to today, so she's looking forward to all of that. 

A while back I found these awesome printable Disney charms from Disney Family (I love their website, they have SO much fun stuff for kids!).  Anyways, you print them on Shrink paper, cut them out, and then bake them and they shrink into these really cute little charms!! 

These are the Pook-A-Looz Mickey Mouse Charms!  I think they're adorable.

Of course, I bought the wrong kind of shrink paper that you can't print on, you can only draw/color on it.  So Lillian and I made these for charm bracelets for her cousins.  We just traced the pictures with colored art markers.
 They turned out better than I expected, but they were far from the perfect ones shown on the website.  I've still got to figure out how to attach them to the bracelets....nothing like waiting until the very last minute. (I think this procrastinating stuff is become a terrible habit!) :)

And then we made these for my nieces too.  I like the one on the right the least, and may be pulling it apart to retry using something different.  I really hope they like them. :)


So today I'm going to try to make a couple of these I-pod cases from a free pattern on Sew, Mama, Sew.

I've got a ton more stuff I'm supposed to do before tomorrow...but if I sit here and talk about it all day I'll never get off of my rear and DO it. :)  Plus, we're having Christmas dinner at our house tomorrow, so we've got to get ready for that too!  I love Christmas...and I can't WAIT for the kids to open all of their presents.

Merry Christmas to all of you.  From me and my family to yours...

Merry, Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment