Monday, October 18, 2010

Let me introduce myself

I thought it's about time I actually introduced myself.  Okay...so here's the general stuff:

  • My name is Teresa Weatherly....before I was married, I was one of 'the Flynn kids'
  • I have two beautiful and amazing kids of my own
  • I married my husband after knowing him for only 3 1/2 months....we just had our 7 year anniversary!
  • My kids don't have a bedtime; most of the time it works out wonderfully, but sometimes it doesn't.
  • I'm the youngest of 5....(thus...the flynn kids)
  • My husband likes to make dinner, and I like to let him.
  • I was a Sgt (sergeant) in the United States Marine Corps
  • I didn't go to Iraq
  • I enjoy watching cartoons and kid movies just as much as my kids do.
  • I love to sew, crochet (but not knit), paint, do remodel kind of stuff around the house and most other crafts...besides knitting (it just bothers me for some reason!) :)
  • I'm from Seattle, but have lived in many other places...Japan, North Carolina, California and St. Louis MO.
  • I have an Associates Degree in 'nothing-in-particular', but have taken a lot of Architecture classes.
  • I used to work out twice a day almost every day, and now I look in the mirror and cringe (TMI?)
  • I played soccer for 12 years and would LOVE to play again.
  • My favorite daydream (when not craft related) is usually about winning the lottery or wearing a size 6 (this must be a dream!!)  :) 
  • In 2005 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia (whatever that means) and neurocardiogenic syncope (I know what that means), 5 years later and I'm still a mess.
  • My children are blonde with curly hair....I'm a thick headed haired brunette?!??!
  • My kids are hilarious and make me laugh EVERY SINGLE DAY!  They really are the best! 
  • I want to start my own business when I grow up
  • I watch my sister's 10 month old son 5 days a week
  • I've spent time addicted to Craigslist, I've been cured by being introduced to Crafting Blogs!!! :)
  • I love to read (and collect) books, especially old and classics...or English History
  • I want to make quilts and other blankets for children in the hospital (on a regular, on-going basis...I thought about starting a Non-profit or charity group...but I just don't know.)
  • Last year I was in a horrible fire that changed my life.  I'm still trying to turn it into a positive...(see last bullet.)  :)
  • I NEVER talk this much about myself, and this post will probably sit in my saved posts file for a couple of weeks before I get up the nerve to post it.
So that's me...in a nutshell...after so many posts it's nice to finally meet all of you.  :)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for linking me here.

    So sorry about the fire... share when you're ready... or don't. Both are fine.

    I definitely cringe when I look in the mirror, but never worked out twice/day... just once.

    I've still got those last 10 baby pounds to lose.

    ReplyDelete