Thursday, September 16, 2010

Progress Update

So the update is...I'm sick.  What a dork!  I spent like literally 10 minutes over at my machine and then ended up back on the couch with the kids.  So funny that I actually thought I was going to be able to get stuff done on all my quilting projects and then be able to POST about it on top of it!  (I can't even get that done on a non-sick day)!!  What was I thinking???!?  Wishful thinking I guess.

It's hard to sit here and stare at my craft area (it's in the playroom where we spend most of our day) and not be able to just go over there and do stuff.  Hmmm...funny that I can also sit here and stare at a pile of laundry or dishes and not have the same yearning....interesting.

So...we're all still sick....no sleep again last night, moved from couch to bed to other couch with the littlest one trying to figure out how to get him to stop crying.  My nephew will be here shortly and turns out he's sick too....of course. (I usually watch him everyday, but my sister stayed home yesterday so that he wouldn't get sick from us.)  So anyways...3 sick kids and a sick mama should make for a lovely day.  :)  Ah...such is life.  We all get sick.

Oh!  As a plus though, I did pick up an afghan I started crocheting a while back since it's something I CAN do while sitting on the couch.  I actually made this exact one a few years ago for my sister-in-law and LOVED it!  So when I saw the yarn on sale again, I had to snatch some up!  So I guess I really did make some progress yesterday, true it's not what I intended, and to be honest I probably only added a couple of extra rows...but progress is progress!!  AND I get to post some pictures! :)

So here it is...

4 comments:

  1. Feel better soon, I am a Follower, please come help my Follower #s Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FGSDFG;ljmcfuernujerunjreaujjrjeskuuuuuuuuluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuld vbm,banjmvzjdfiot83rjirgshyueariogjknexpl54z;mmmmmmm "5r09"raq=5q
    fg

    That was f`Q... UH-UM! David! As I was saying before he interrupted me, that was a message from David. He says he likes your blog auntie teresa. :) The fonts are super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH shucks girl! I hate being sick and then you can't sew to top it off--phooweee. Praying that you get better soon.

    The afghan is soo pretty. That is one thing I could never do! I would just rather buy it from someone:)

    As for the straight line quilting i just used my straight stitch foot oddly enough. I need to work on my straight lines with the darning foot;) It would make a nice organic line texture even if it was a tad wonky:P

    ReplyDelete