So Lillian has been taking some ballet classes, so I wanted to make her a little bag that she could carry her shoes and things in. I decided on a little drawstring bag because I thought that would be simple enough for me to start with. Here's what I ended up with:
She was so excited about it. It ended up a bit shorter than I wanted, but it was just my laziness, so the next one I made came out much better. I wanted to applique a picture of some ballet shoes, but I may make a better (bigger) one and do that...so this one is plain for now.
So for Kendra's B-day I made her one and appliqued the letter "K" on the back. And then I made her a little matching apron with the same Princess Tiana fabric, and a front pocket with a picture of all of the princesses on it, and embroidered her name on the top. I think she really liked it. I told Lillian I would make her one too (of course), but as soon as Kendra put hers on she wanted to wear hers too. So in the middle of everything I took a short break to throw together another little apron for Lilly...unfortunately in my haste, I accidentally spelled her name L-j-l-l-j-a-n on the embroidery on top. CLASSIC! She'll never notice but the rest of us got a good laugh out of it. (hey...they were cursive and right next to each other...easy mistake.) : )