Thursday, September 2, 2010

I have a confession...


Okay, so I said in an early post that I'm going to post everything...the good and the 'bad'.  Well...I have a little confession to make.  I'm more than just a little embarrassed to admit that I don't have the correct presser feet for quilting...no darning...and no walking foot.  There!  I've said it!  I've done all of this reading, learning, preparing, dreaming about quilting...and I'm at a dead stop because I don't have the right FEET!!!  (Admittedly I feel a bit like a fake).  Geesh!  Kind of harsh huh... 

Really it's just a beginner's error, at first I didn't even realize I NEEDED something other than what I have.  Once I did, I tried borrowing my mom's walking foot, I -got my little I-Spy quilt top done...sandwiched and everything and only to find out that her foot didn't fit my machine!  Of COURSE it doesn't!!!  That would have been WAY too easy.  I mean...doesn't it look like it would fit a machine made this decade???  (Okay...so I had a feeling this ancient thing wasn't going to fit...wishful thinking...) :)


So now I'm stuck.  I'm going to call a Sewing machine shop today and see if they have them, but I'm a little nervous at how much they're going to charge...considering I just spent my monthly crafts ration on fabric.  ...(still ABSOLUTELY worth it by the way) :)

And now...On to the good stuff!!!  I finished the top to my I-Spy quilt!!! :)  YAY!!  I really like how it turned out.  I just hope it's not too small.  But really, it's okay if this one is, because there will hopefully be plenty more to come.  :)


~Teresa ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.........not sure how to take the comment about the age of the walking foot. Guess, it might give everyone an idea of just how long---HER MOTHER--has been doing this kind of stuff....LOL

    ReplyDelete