Saturday, December 18, 2010

Results of the Friday Night Sew-In

Well I ended up doing more crafts than actual sewing....but that still counts right?? :)  First off, I made a couple of these:

Tissue Poms for Lillian's Birthday tomorrow.  And boy were they a pain!  Well, I guess they weren't that bad, I mean I still made 3 of them!  It was just hard trying to keep them away from the kids.  And now that I look at it, the picture makes it look a bit lopsided, but it looks better in person....and I'm sure no one else would even notice.  :)

Then I did a TON of printing and cutting!  

I cashed in all of my gift cards from my huge Blogmania win back in September to use for Lillian's party, so this is going to be the BEST birthday party ever!  I'll write all about it and make sure to share some great pictures tomorrow!



Okay, so what else did I do last night?  Well...I finished up some sewing on this little gal and finished stuffing her, it's going to be a Raggedy Ann doll when it's all finished.  :)


And I guess that's about it.  I know...no GO!!!???!  And sadly, no GO!  It's still IN THE BOX!!!  I KNOW!  How can this possibly be?!??!  My sewing area is such a mess right now, and I've got so many other random projects going on, I hate to take it out and make it all messy until I can actually use it for a project....I know...that's weird huh?  I think it goes along the same line as I hate to actually wash and cut into my pretty fabric.  I like to just set it on a shelf and stare at it!  Or like when you read a magazine REALLY slowly so that you don't finish it too quickly...I don't want to open it until I have the proper amount of attention to devote to it.  (I'm a dork...I realize this).

So that's what a did, (and didn't do) last night.  :)  And this morning we woke up with no power, which COMPLETELY changed our plans for the day.  I really wanted to make some adorable girlie napkins for Lilly's party tomorrow, so we ran to Joann's and I got all of this...
Some sweet new pink gingham and solid pink for the napkins and some awesome fleece remnants that were 75% off!!!  I LOVE sales!

And then we picked up a fake tree that my sister wasn't going to use this year.  It's the first time we've had a fake tree, but it's been raining for the last week straight (and who wants to get a tree in the rain, little lone bring it sopping into their house??!).  So we decided to go with my sister's old one and save a couple of dollars too.  By the time we started putting it together the power FINALLY came back on, so we've got the lights on (cheater...they were already on the tree)....and all of the ornaments up...it actually feels more like Christmas now.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Pretty flowers, pretty stuff from Joann's pretty tree.

    Hope the party goes brilliantly today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't ya just love JoAnn? My favorite place to shop. The tree is lovely. I thought it was real, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete