Thursday, December 16, 2010

In Joann's Heaven

So yesterday I got a nice little envelope in the mail....and HOORAY it was my Joann's Gift Card!!  I was SO excited!!!  I've just been too darn sick lately to go out last night, but I knew I was going to make it over to Joann's tonight!!  NOTHING was going to stop me! :)  So...I just got back about an hour ago.  I went with the intention of taking a closer look at some bigger items that I would never in my wildest dreams be able to buy for myself and ended up walking down EVERY aisle! 

I bought a handful of stuff that I've been wanting for a while but didn't want to spend the money on.  And I tried really hard not to worry too much about whether it was on sale, or how much I would be saving if I waited until I could use another coupon and things like that.  I just tried to enjoy myself, and not stress myself out like I tend to do.  :) And it was nice.

When I got to the fabrics I just had to take a minute, I actually felt close to tears and had to call my husband.  For the first time I could buy any fabric I wanted!  What a feeling!  I've looked over some of the same home decor fabrics a hundred times, telling myself to wait until I had the money, or until it was on sale for a better price.....but today, I just bought it!  No pulling out my cell phone to do the math (except once)...I just bought it.  It was great!  Amazing!  So here's my fabric fare:

 Some new Christmas fabric!

MORE adorable Christmas fabrics 
(these are intended for making gifts for the kids at the hospital)

I just walked down the aisle, and these ones were just too cute to pass up! :)

Baseballs for a wallet for my nephew for Christmas, 
and the much sought after decor fabric for some kitchen curtains.  :)

Funny thing about this baseball fabric...it was turned wrong side out on the bolt, and I thought the faded look was REALLY cute!  Didn't even notice it was the wrong side until I got home and unfolded it!  The worker who cut it didn't even realize it!  How funny is that...guess I'll have to decide now which side to use for the project. :) 

Oh...almost forgot, I got one more thing.......................................

I can't believe it!  I actually DID it!  I bought a GO!!!  I'm SO excited!  I can't WAIT to try it out!!!  :)  What a great evening!  What am I talking about!?!?  What a great MONTH!!  This whole ordeal might just make my whole YEAR! :)

Whew...I'm going to sleep good tonight...with LOT'S of dreams about fabric (and cutting it!!!)  :)

1 comment: