Sunday, September 12, 2010

Little Golden Book wall hangings

I love books...my kids love books...which means the ones at our house get a LOT of use.  I love the Classic Little Golden Books from when my husband and I were kids, they're just so nostalgic.  So my kids have some of the books that actually used to be my husbands when he was little, they've even got his name written on the inside of the front cover.  But alas, they don't last forever, and the well loved little books eventually lost their covers.  But I couldn't bring myself to throw the covers away, so I found a way to keep them in a really cute way.  So here's what I did...

I found some cheap wood frames at the dollar store:
Took the glass and backing off of the frames:

Laid them out and used a flat white spray paint to give them a new look.  I did two coats.
And they looked like this:

I picked out two different coordinating scrapbook paper designs.  Then I used the glass from the frames as a template and cut out 2 of each for my frames.  I taped the covers to the scrapbook paper and stuck em in the frames...soooo easy!  And I have to say that I LOVE the way they turned out.  Now I've just got to get little man's room painted so I can actually put them on the walls.  : )  Here they are!~



No comments:

Post a Comment