Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Re-purposed Quilting

When I first started asking my mom questions about quilting, she told me how in the old days quilting was just a way to make a new blanket/quilt out of old blankets that were no longer usable.  They didn't use new batting from the local hobby shop to fill their quilts, they used old blankets!!  How resourceful, right?

That's stuck with me since I heard it, and have not been able to get the thought out of my head.  How amazing to turn an old blanket into something wonderful again.  I love it!  Old into new...right up my alley.

So how can I use that?  Would other people WANT a quilt made from used blankets?  I mean, ~I~ would!  But maybe others wouldn't.

I've got some ideas rolling around in my head, but maybe I'll hold off on laying them down until I have some more info.  See if used quilts are appealing to anyone else.  :)

But I'm excited, I think I'm on to something here, and I can't wait to piece it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment